- Education Bachelor Degree
- Application Closing Date: 5.10.2023
Admin Officer (National Position)
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for a qualified Admin Officer (National Position).
Job Title Admin Officer
Location Şanlıurfa, Türkiye
Reporting line HR and Admin Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibility Yes
Liaises with All Staff
Contract Type Fixed Term
Contract Length 31/12/2023
Vacancy Number TR2023-012
This is a 5 months role in Sanliurfa or Gaziantep, Türkiye with occasional travel to other cities within Türkiye with a net salary range between $1610 - $1675 per month. The salary range provided in this job posting does not constitute any legally binding obligation or undertaking by Concern Türkiye, and final salary amount will be decided mutually by Concern and the employee, which may be lower or higher than the abovementioned salary band.
Job Purpose: Providing day-to-day support to the HR and Admin Coordinator, performing duties such as expat and (international) visitor support, flight and hotel reservations, lease agreement payments, facility management and proper paper trail maintenance for all Admin related transactions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A- Facilities / Office management/Visas:
- Overseeing the facility management of offices and guesthouses including health and safety requirements.
- Supervision of cleaning staff to ensure that the office of clean and compliant with health and safety standards at all times.
- Ensure that the office is stocked with cleaning and stationary supplies and that all items are released from stock in a controlled manner.
- Manage all lease agreements for Concern premises.
- Make sure premises meets security, health and safety standards.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing post.
- Oversee the correct filing of Concern’s Decision Book.
- Oversee and ensure well-documented paper trail in admin files.
- Act as first line focal point to Şanlıurfa Provincial Civil Society Relations Directorate.
- Process all visas / work permits and ensure that these are renewed before the expiry
- Ensuring all matters related to government requirements are managed proactively with the consultation of HR and Admin Coordinator.
B- Organizing for flight and hotel booking and payments
- Manage hotel reservations for all Concern staff and visitors.
- Manage flight bookings for all Concern staff and visitors.
- Ensure all supporting documents for payment process for tickets and hotels.
- Carryout the market surveys to identify the safe and reasonable hotels for country programs.
- Ensure correct and adequate management of donations-in-kind paperwork, procedures and reporting.
C- Event Management
- Support the program team and country program to identify and select hotels for workshops, trainings and meetings.
- Process the payments for all workshops and seminars.
D- Visibility material, printing and translation:
- Coordinate with suppliers for printing business card, ID card, files, and folders and required material.
- Facilitate and coordinate with translators to translate the required documents in English, Turkish and Arabic and process payment of it.
Minimum skills and experience
- At least Bachelor degree in public administration, business administration, social science or similar.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in humanitarian sector in at least one of the following areas: logistics, admin.
- Excellent English and Turkish language skills.
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Word and Excel.
We would also like
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Experience in security and safety management.
- Experience in liaising with government agencies.
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- The ability to priorities competing demands.
The expected competencies include
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Customer focus – proactively and effectively works with others to achieve best results.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Works in an organized manner and meet required quality and timelines
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please create your resume to apply for the role. Please note that applications received other than the online portal will not be considered. If you encounter technical problems submitting your application online, please use the contact form on job portal.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview;
- Please note that both CV and Cover letter should be in English;
- Application Closing Date: 05/10/2023
- Due to the urgency of the position, Concern will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and may select a candidate before the closure of this position.
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.Apply